Columbus provides integral, on-site support in a broad range of health services disciplines. Our experts serve leading research institutions in the areas of biomedical research, health science studies, clinical analytics and project management. We enable this work with health-related IT services, while providing guidance on health policy and regulatory compliance.
We support 18 institutes and centers at NIH with over 100 subject-matter experts. This diverse team includes doctors, nurses, research scientists, data analysts, database administrators, budget analysts, web developers and grant researchers.
Together, they expand NIH’s capacity to conduct accurate, efficient research; strengthen compliance; and save operational costs in public health missions.
Research & Scientific Support
- Performing multi-discipline research on bacterial zoonosis and vector-borne diseases
- Applying molecular and biochemical lab techniques to prepare findings for analysis
- Developing new diagnostic tests
- Managing and validating NIH’s clinical protocol data
- Conducting high-priority lab and field studies to develop novel research treatments
- Creating new experimental designs
- Maintaining animal colonies for animal protocols
- Managing equipment and resources
- Helping prepare required documents and editing research-related papers, posters and manuscripts
- Conducting longitudinal analyses of genomic data tied to vector-borne diseases
- Developing lab techniques and protocols
- Managing data storage and collation
- Amending existing software to meet researcher needs
- Developing scripts to anonymize and obfuscate data when needed
- Cleaning data
- Linking datasets to databases
- Performing statistical analysis in social science research
- Developing statistical programming code and scripts
- Supporting various aspects of bioinformatics
- Automating and simplifying infrastructure and mission operations
Program & Project Management
- Overseeing fiscal and operational deliverables for clinical trials networks
- Monitoring schedules and managing budgets
- Performing statistical analysis on program data
- Coordinating program activities tied to strategic planning, program evaluation, reporting, HR and financial management
- Reviewing policy documents and validating they are scientifically sound
- Developing compliance-monitoring processes and systems
- Advising on Section 508 compliance and regulations tied to web content
- Researching approaches for integrating genomic data into electronic health records
We love who we work for.
Connect with our team of experts.
Together, we’ll explore solutions to your specific mission challenges.