Columbus is committed to provide for the ongoing health and safety of our employees, partners and the community while ensuring seamless service operations for our customers throughout the Coronavirus outbreak. We are also ensuring compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance.
We are implementing a phased approach consistent with guidelines recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control which include assessing an incident and then containing and mitigating risk. The guidelines identify specific actions that are triggered based upon the assessed severity. We have assembled a response team that is monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis and implementing actions in accordance with the guidelines. Employees who have returned from a hotspot country listed below and/or are experiencing symptoms or have been diagnosed with Coronavirus are required to self report to the Columbus Human Resources department
- South Korea
- and most of Europe
All Columbus facilities are operational. As a precautionary measure, Columbus has implemented the following control measures designed to minimize the risk of impact to our services:
- Hygiene: We ask those with access to our facilities to practice heightened levels of hygiene. To facilitate, we offer hand sanitizer and liquid-soap for hand washing.
- Entrance restrictions: We have made our facilities off limits to individuals who have a fever or other flu symptoms or have visited a Coronavirus hotspot in the past 14 days.
- Travel: Employees have been given guidance to restrict travel to Coronavirus hotspots.
- Public guidance and requirements: We adhere to the requirements and recommendations of government agencies and cooperate with landlord requirements to control the spread of Coronavirus.
- Continued monitoring: We will implement additional control measures as events unfold. Should an outbreak hotspot develop around an office location or data center, we will take additional precautions.
Columbus has plans in place to maintain service continuity to our employees and customers. We have engaged critical vendors and partners to ensure that they have been likewise reviewing the situation and implementing safeguards to ensure business-continuity. We are monitoring the situation and implementing procedures found to be successful in preserving business continuity.